Virtual Design Consultations
Updated: Aug 2, 2022
Hi, wonderful people! It’s Monica.
Did you know we are offering Virtual Design Consultations? That’s right, A professional home organizer can help you design your home or garden while still adhering to social distancing guidelines! We can re-design a room, addition, or any other project you have in mind.
We know this is a new way of doing things, so I am here to explain how the virtual design consultation process flows! Let’s jump in.
1. Phone Conversation: We start off our virtual consultations with a phone call to hear about the project you have in mind and get a sense of what you are looking for. This is where you get to share your excitement and goals for your project. The initial phone conversation is always a ton of fun because there’s nothing we love more than dreaming with you.
2. Send Inspiration Photos: Send us AS MANY of these as you can! Seriously. If you come across 5,000 that resonate with you, send them! Each picture you like contains an element of your style and gives us a sense of what you are looking for. We want to find you wonderful things you love! If you are drawing a blank, two sites we love for design inspiration are Pinterest and Houzz. (You can find our Houzz page here.) Both sites allow you to create online boards where you can organize all your design ideas for a project in one place. We are here for YOU, so feel free to text or e-mail us any ideas you have. Remember, the more the better!
3. Virtual Meeting (Zoom): After we have our phone conversation and get all your inspo photos, we will send you a Zoom invitation via email, so we can video chat and see your space live. We will approach the meeting as if we’re sitting in your living room together and ask for measurements, so we know what will fit when we search for your perfect pieces.
4. From here, we’ll start looking for your pieces on sites like Wayfair, One Kings Lane, Lulu and Georgia, Houzz, Perigold, Gabby Home, Annie Selke, Serena & Lily, and the list of fabulous online stores goes on and on! All of these online stores have wish lists or project folders, and we will create and share these folders with you. Creating wish lists and project folders allows you to be in the loop through every step of the design process and provide us feedback on items we have selected for you.
5. Create Storyboard: A storyboard communicates our design vision to you and gives you an idea of how all of the design elements will interact with each other. Think paint colors, furniture, throws, mirrors and any other items we have in mind for your design. This step puts everything in one place so you can visualize what the space will look like once the design project is completed.
6. Virtual Consultation Round #2: Next, we will have another virtual meeting via Zoom to get your thoughts on the storyboard and receive feedback, so we can get closer to making your dream a reality! After this step, we’ll move forward based on your feedback and circle back to previous steps if necessary.
Our goal at the end of the day is for you sit back and say, “I absolutely love this space, and I’m so glad Poppy Production helped me with it!” Hopefully, this demystifies the virtual design consultation process and puts you at ease knowing your design dreams can still come to life during this time!
I hope you are staying safe and well!